Saturday, June 09, 2007

Balbriggan Library

I'm not long back from my local library in Balbriggan, which I joined today. I have to say that I'm mightily impressed. For a medium-sized library, it's pretty good. It has a decent selection of books, CDs, DVDs, etc.
I joined on the off chance that I'd get one decent book to help me write my thesis. However, I came away with seven! I probably could have got more, but I couldn't be arsed looking for any more. Now they may not be all integral to the argument of my thesis, but two look very useful: Israel in History: The Jewish State in Comparative Perspective by Derek J. Penslar, and State Building: Governance and World Order in the Twenty-First Century by Francis Fukyama (of The End of History fame). Whether I get round to reading them is another thing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kealo said...

No, he certainly won't. That book of his isn't much use. I'll still put in on the bibliography, though! However, the Penslar book has turned out to be a bit of a gem. Aside from the usual Zionist and Hebrew revival stuff, it has a chapter on how radio was used to promote the use of Hebrew and with it, Israeli values.

I haven't done much writing either. Getting worried.

22 June, 2007 14:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home