Saturday, December 09, 2006

Gig: SunnO))) @ The Crawdaddy, Dublin, 17th October 2006

Drone doomsters SunnO))) are not to everyone's taste: their music is slow and heavy, there's no discernable beat, and they use a lot of feedback. However, I liked them. They wore their trademark cloaks and often had their backs to the crowd. They would occasionally give us the mano cornuta (devil sign), which many of us returned with glee. I have to admit I only recognised one 'song', but SunnO))) are more about creating soundscapes rather something as hackneyed as a 'song', surely! At times I just closed my eyes and listened to the music. Well, I was a bit drunk at the time. One thing, though. I thought there was only two of them, there were seven of them at one stage! The crowd was quite a mix too: there were metallers and aficianados of the avant-garde scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home