Sunday, October 15, 2006

Famous People Who Have Appeared In Star Trek Part III

"Not another stupid Trekkie post!" I hear you cry? Well, tough shit. This is my blog. However, you may be pleased to know that this may be the last post in this series, as I can't think of anyone else!

Anyway, James Newell Osterberg, Jr. otherwise known as Iggy Pop (the Godfather of Punk) appeared as a rather blunt Vorta (those treacherous administrators of the nasty Dominion) in the Deep Space Nine sixth series episode "Those Magnificent Ferengi". I Mr. Pop has been in a couple of films, and although I haven't seen them, based on this performance, he appears to be a competent actor. I usually cringe when I see that rock or pop star has decided to try their hand at acting. Do you remember Sting in David Lynch's Dune? He was dire. In saying that, Billie Piper has been decent in the new Doctor Who.

Although it's quite lighthearted, which was unusual for DS9, I like this episode. The normally cowardly Ferengi take on the Dominion's Jem'Hadar and get to be the heroes for once.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kealo said...

There are actually a few more, so this series will continue.

15 October, 2006 11:12  
Blogger Paul said...

Don't do it man

15 October, 2006 13:52  
Blogger Kealo said...

Sorry, dude, I've got no choice. The Romulans are making me do it!

15 October, 2006 17:18  
Blogger ian said...

Apparently well-known Shakespearean actor Leonard Nimoy appeared in some episodes of Star Trek.

18 October, 2006 20:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home