Monday, November 06, 2006

Course Apathy/Blogging Frenzy

You have probably noticed that I've been blogging quite a lot over the last few days - 7 posts in the last four days. I was off work on Friday and today and I have had lot to say. I took today off work because I'm wrecked after seeing Slayer last night. I can't mosh as hard as I used to!

I suppose it's also one way I've been procrastinating. I've been back to college for over a month, but I just haven't been able to muster any enthusiasm for it. I don't find either subject I'm doing this semester (Development: Theory and Practice and International Political Economy) particularly interesting. I also have a 15,000-word thesis to work on, but I haven't even decided what to do it on, never mind meeting my supervisor.

I get periods where I think I've chosen the wrong course and I'm out of my depth. I sometimes think I'd have been better off with something to do more with history, which I love. However, at least the course has stretched me, so it has been good in that regard. I've found most assignments challenging, as it's been years since I was a student and I don't know a lot of the subject matter, so I've had to do a lot of research. I must be OK at this course, as I've been getting decent marks, so I'm happy enough with that.

I know once I get started on my assignment (a statistical profile of Hungarian society) for the Development module, I'll get more motivated. I'm just going to have to pull my finger out for IPE. I just can't see myself growing to like it. At least, we have been given the exam questions to prepare. Also, I hope my elective module for the second semester (The Arab-Israeli Conflict) is running, as that is one I have heard good things about and would be very interested in doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I've done a lot of work on both subjects lately, and my thesis is nearly finished.

Actually no, I've been skiving off from the course by writing for the zine-writing cult Paul mentioned, and then skiving off that to write shite on blogs and internet messageboards. Maybe I will soon skive off blogwriting by preparing the country profile.

06 November, 2006 20:27  
Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

As we rip each other's throats open
let us not forget...

London, Madrid, Bombay & Bali.

Let us always remember...
Vladimir Putin & Jacques Chirac!

And the favorite American
Senator John Kerry!

Comment?

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

07 November, 2006 22:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home