Wednesday, February 07, 2007

San Marino 1-2 Republic of Ireland

Phew! Talk about leaving it late. It was 3 more Euro 2008 points in the bag, but what a shite performance. Most of our players play in the English Premiership, whereas San Marino possess only one professional who plays in the Italian Third Division. They were seconds away from gaining their first ever European Championships qualifiers point. I know we were missing a few players through injury, but we played with a lack of urgency and the finishing was terrible. The players didn't look like they knew what they were supposed to do, which points to bad management. I won't be packing my bags to Austria/Switzerland just yet.

Some of you may be pleased to know that England lost to Spain 1-0 in a friendly at Old Trafford. However, I’m not allowed to be, as I’m married to a Brit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home