Sunday, September 17, 2006

Adventures In the Urban Jungle


The wife and I went camping on Friday night. She is an avid camper and had been pestering me to do it for ages. Beacuse of the wedding and other things, we hadn't a chance to go to the countryside this year, so she suggested somewhere a lot closer to home: our back garden. I was reluctant at first, but I soon relented.

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought, although it was a little strange, as we don't have a large garden and I could hear cars, house alarms and other kinds of sounds that one wouldn't find in the countryside.

2 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I've never really understood people camping anywhere other than at music festivals. And even at them, I'd always rather stay in a chalet.

17 September, 2006 21:53  
Blogger Kealo said...

Camping at festivals is normally a good laugh. However, this could not be said about the time when some friends and I camped at the Holidays in the Sun punk festival in Morecambe three years ago. While the festival was good, we were kept awake every night by dickheads kicking a football in everyone's tents and shouting "football!" at the tops of their voices until 6 in the morning. The pricks!

19 September, 2006 19:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home